Sunday, May 2, 2010

Update

Last week Monday we sold our house. It's a VERY bitter sweet time for us. While it's great that we sold it, we are having to pay more than we anticipated so it's a bit difficult to be super excited. It also is a very real reminder that we won't be living here much longer and thus this chapter in our lives will be ending soon and we'll be starting a new one: very bitter sweet. I'm slowly coming to the point of being excited about the sale, as it really is the first big thing we've tackled in order to move back to WI. Now we just have to find somewhere to live at the end of May...

So last week was a bit rough and emotional for me. And you know what happened? On Wednesday evening Evie said, "I love you" to me for the first time, not being prompted or anything. We were playing and she said it out of nowhere. MY HEART MELTED!!!! It's probably one of the coolest moments I've had with her, yet. MAN that's an unbelievable feeling!!! And that moment definitely reminded me that no matter what happens that may be stressful and uncertain, ultimately it doesn't matter as long as we have each other. That little girl is SUCH a blessing and really I'm SO lucky to have the husband, family and friends that I do.

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you to come back to WI!

    And don't worry, the stress will go away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are moving! Hope everything works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How special! The first "I love you" stays with you forever. :)

    ReplyDelete